Wednesday, March 25, 2009

GREAT COMFORTER

When I look in your eyes
and all I see is a flat, unemotional stare

When I search for your smile
and all I find is a face that does not glow for me any more

When I listen to your voice
I wonder why the magical timbre has died

When I yearn for your touch
I understand how far away you have moved

then I know...

that all you came to teach me is now taught
and that any more is a waste!

In the pain of being alone
I realise that is all I ever am
... alone!

In being alone, I begin to love myself more deeply
and experience the God-within
that nurtures so perfectly in the void left by another.

1 comment:

  1. These are extremely powerful words, Clive. How can I thank you for everything you do in my life just through your words alone?! =)
    I hope you are doing well, you are always in my prayers, and I can't wait to go and see Cape Town for myself. I only hear good things.
    -Donya

    ReplyDelete